
My prior experience with technology was in mostly in middle school and high school. In middle school, I took a class that focused on using websites. We would use search engines and learn the correct ways to search everything. For example, using "" would help make our search easier. At the end of the class we learned how to make our own website. In high school, we focused more on Microsoft office. We learned how to use excel and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft word. In college, I used Microsoft word for every English paper that I needed to write so I am fairly familiar with it.
In this class, I hope to learn new ways to make teaching easier and helpful for students. I hope that I can increase my technology skills, and learn more about some of the things I know little about. Although I am familiar with the Microsoft office, I would like to know more. I don't know much about excel, so I hope to learn more about that too. I think that this class will help make me a better teacher and I hope that I have a better understanding of all educational technologies by the end. I also hope to learn more about using a MAC computer, as well as a PC so that I am familiar with all computers.
I thought that the quiz we took today about our own learning styles was very interesting. I knew that I was a visual learner, but I did not realize how much of a visual learner I was. I love to be able to look at things to learn them. I make flash cards all the time and making diagrams helps me understand things better. I also like working in groups because I think that it helps you understand concepts more because maybe someone in the group that you are working with has or knows information that you didn't know already. I thought that it was interesting to see my learning style put out in front of me in a chart.
No comments:
Post a Comment