I think that I can adopt WebQuest into my project by creating a WebQuest that goes along with the short story that our project focuses on. Our project i geared toward 6-8th graders in a Language Arts class. I think that a WebQuest will be beneficial to them because I can create the WebQuest around the short short, "The Seventh Grade." The resources that I can use are websites about the author, as well as the short story, and websites about the short story. Then, after the students read the story and answer the questions, they will be more acquainted with the story, and will be prepare for a test.
Te good example of WebQuest that I found is one about Black History past to present. I thought that this was a good example because it is a great WebQuest to use for a history class. Also, the introduction to this WebQuest was very helpful. It stressed that the point of this page was not a test, but to further the student's knowledge on the subject. Also, I think it is all important information that students should know about. All of the information in this WebQuest is very accurate and is very well organized. The resources are clearly listed, and they all contain answers to at least one of the questions. Overall, this WebQuest is very well put together.
One new skill that I learned last class was the correct way to use Wikispace. I thought that the Wikispaces are a great way to communicate with fellow students especially on group projects. It has been extremely helpful in planning the final project with my group. I think that having my students' use Wikispaces when I am a teacher will help them communicate with their group members in group projects as well. Also, as a teacher, I will be able to see who is putting in the effort and participating in the project and who is not through Wikispaces.
Blog Post #10
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment