The online teaching resource that I found that might be used for teaching is called "Education World". This online website contains tools and templates that might be useful to teachers. It contains tools to help teachers such as ideas for assessments, awards, certificates, bulletin board ideas, as well as lesson plans for many subjects. This website is a great tool because it not only gives templates, but it gives ideas for simple things such as decorating a classroom etc. The link to this website is http://www.education-world.com/tools_templates/index.shtml#bulletin.
As a teacher, I think that I will be using Excel a great amount. I think that Excel will be very useful as a grading system. The "if" statements on Excel will make it very easy to calculate grades, and will definitely save time because I won't have to compute every single grade. Not only will Excel be helpful with grading, but it will also be helpful with displaying information to students. For example, if I had information and data to show to the class, I could put it into Excel, create a graph, and it will be very easy for the class to comprehend the data. I plan on teaching at the Elementary level, so using Excel for grading will be helpful because in second grade, you teach all subjects. Excel will make it easier to keep all of the subjects organized.
I found a very creative example of using Excel in the classroom on the "Education World" website. The teacher gave the example of how she had the students pick a sport or activity that they enjoyed and they had to research and calculate the statistics. Then they had to put their calculations into Excel and create a spreadsheet and graph. This is a great math project because it lets the students research a topic that they like and are interested in. Then, once the assignment is created, the students are able to design and decorate the project. On the example that I saw, some of the students made their graphs look like the field of the sport that their data was about, which I thought was very creative.
Blog Post #10
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment